Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another Adventure !!!!

Well.....you guessed it.......that's Perry and I dressed up as puppets for the "Giant Puppet Performance" at the Green Show. If you've read our blog from last year, you'll know we've been volunteering for the Shakespeare Festival which includes pre-play performances in the outdoor theatre. Tonight was opening night and we volunteered to participate as giant puppets......of course not really knowing what we were getting into !!! Little did we know we would have so much fun.
Here I am with, Jill and Guenter, owners of the Giant Puppets, helping me get into my tree. Kinda felt like I was wearing a carpet all evening. What a blast........though.......I could act like a fool and no one knew who I was !!!!
For opening night and being a little overcast, but no rain.......we we're so surprised how great the turnout was !!! Standing room only.......
Another fellow volunteer wearing the Coyote........yes, those are giant mushrooms.
Perry got to be the "Forest Maiden"......of course he wanted the one with the long black dreads, wishful thinking..........the kids absolutely loved us......it was high-fives and lots of pictures with the "Maiden". Lots of hugs, pictures and dancing videos for me !!! The teenagers had to have "videos" for facebook, or so I was told.
Me......doing a little "robot", I guess !!! We'll we did mention to a couple friends about us participating........and sure enough they showed up to get a good laugh and take all of these great pictures for us.
The "Forest Maiden" and a good friend from church with a gorgeous singing voice......Danika.
Another fellow volunteer "Green Man" and me............all the puppets walked around greeting people and dancing to the music before the show.....then 2 belly dancers performed.....while we danced with the kids and chatted with people, yes trees do talk.....then our flamingos took the stage and danced then we joined them.....and soon all the kids came on stage to dance too !!!! How cool, it brought out the kid in all of us.
Here's Per or should I say Maiden Per.......harrassing some ladies...........
The largest puppet standing about 14 feet tall was the "Forest Queen". So glad I didn't have to be in that costume.
Per dancing on stage.......yes, I did say dancing.
Me dancing on stage....I think I was doing the moonwalk or disco or something !!
Here's the owners as flamingos doing a choreographed number........
Per trying to clap with those huge hands.......at one point I got the audience clapping with us......what a hoot. The evening was an experience we'll never forget........check out live the dancing puppets on "youtube".

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Maiden Per! I like it...I'm just trying to imagine the Maiden voice to go with the costume:)

    ReplyDelete